Out of the Shadows: Managing the Opioid Epidemic through the Continuum of Care
The American Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence works with federal and state agency officials concerning opioid treatment policy throughout the United States. We also work with our partner, the World Federation for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence, with regard to international initiatives and working with designated agencies within the United Nations.
About the Conference
The 2019 American Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence, Inc. (AATOD) Conference was held October 19-October 23, 2019 at Disney’s Coronado Spring Resort in Walt Disney World, FL. The 2019 conference theme, “Out of the Shadows: Managing the Opioid Epidemic through the Continuum of Care” highlights the issues and challenges of medication assisted treatment in the context of the current opioid use/abuse epidemic.
Our intent is to educate and promote acceptance and integration of MAT options by patients, families, clinicians, the medical system, judicial systems, government, policy makers, social service administrations, and the general public. We will disseminate innovative, evidence-based initiatives and treatment techniques to better serve patients and providers, improve program development and administration, promote integration across the continuum of care, and enhance patient outcomes to assist communities in developing an effective response to this crisis.
- To discuss the latest research and regulatory developments relevant to the field and critically evaluate the implications for patients, clinicians, administrators, and policy makers, in managing the opioid epidemic;
- To disseminate innovative and evidence-based initiatives to better serve patients and providers, improve program development and administration, and enhance patient outcomes;
- To promote strategies that assist healthcare partnerships and collaborations by advancing understanding and acceptance of medication for the treatment of opioid use disorder as a crucial element to community wellness and response to the opioid epidemic;
- To facilitate the collaboration between Opioid Treatment Programs and community partners in response to the heightened risks associated with the use of opioids;
- To strategize approaches to promote, support, facilitate, and integrate medication for the treatment of opioid use disorder into the judicial and penal systems, government, social service organizations, and mainstream medicine; and
- To identify the long-standing misinformation and stigma and promote acceptance of quality, comprehensive medical treatment for opioid dependence throughout the continuum of care to effectively manage the nation’s opioid crisis.
The AATOD Conference is the largest gathering of the opioid treatment community. This conference brings innovative people together in a diverse array of forums and workshops. Hot Topic Roundtable discussions, inspirational plenary sessions, in-person and virtual tours of programs, and exhibit booths with the latest technologies, science and products that support our work are just a few of the activities that surely stimulated participant discussion, debate and innovative ideas to take back home to our respective areas of work, our communities, and our treatment programs nationwide.
Continuing Education Credits
Applications to award Continuing Education Credits will be submitted for the following specialties:
- Addiction Professionals
- Social Work
For more information, visit the Continuing Education Credits page.
Session recordings are available for purchase. Please contact JOB Conference Recording services at 202-269-2000 or email email@example.com to order individual sessions or complete the Order Form with payment.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION – More Content to follow…