From our point of view, the nation’s network of OTPs provide ESSENTIAL SERVICES to our patients. The guidance clearly promotes having OTP operations continue and we want to provide take-home medication wherever possible and in accordance with sound clinical judgment to decrease the exposure that patients will encounter as they travel to and from the OTPs. AATOD will continue to serve as a resource to our field and will work with other partner organizations in order to respond to questions that will inevitably come to surface.
- SAMHSA’s Guidance (March 16, 2020)
This guidance statement pertains to processing blanket take-home exemptions through State Opioid Treatment Authorities
- AATOD’s Guidance for OTPs (March 20, 2020)
- Letter from Assistant Secretary Elinore McCance-Katz (March 25, 2020)
This letter clears the way for OTPs to get necessary protective supplies for OTP personnel.
- COVID-19 FAQ Document
This document contains comprehensive responses to field questions since AATOD’s March 20, 2020 COVID-19 Guidance was released. We have been working with our associates in the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry and the University of Missouri-Kansas City in developing such responses.
- Special Funding for OTPs (April 20, 2020)
This is AATOD’s letter to the House Leadership requesting special funding for OTPs in response to COVID-19. We respectfully request dedicated federal funding, like other essential health care providers are receiving, to sustain our critical infrastructure delivering essential medical services.
- AATOD and NAMA Recovery’s Letter to the Senators (April 20, 2020)
Our joint response to concerns about Senate proposal to treat 500 patients with Buprenorphine at DATA 2000 practices.
- Letter from Director James Carroll of the White House (April 23, 2020)
Office of National Drug Control Policy released a letter to the substance use treatment community, indicating that our treatment facilities represented front line healthcare workers, needing immediate access to PPE.
- Blog Post: How Are Opioid Treatment Programs Combatting COVID-19? (May 1, 2020)
Written by Mark W. Parrino, M.P.A. AATOD President
- Mallinckrodt Press Release (May 20, 2020)
Thank you to Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals for supporting our field in manufacturing/donating hand sanitizer to OTPs in need during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Hand sanitizer donations are available in cases of four 1-gallon containers. All OTPs may order sanitizer by emailing the following information: [OTP name, Email, Phone, Address, Number of cases] Email: Sanitizer@mnk.com.
- Early Findings about Patient and Staff Infection Rates (June 4, 2020)
AATOD asked Board members to provide information about patient/staff COVID-19 infection and on current conditions in obtaining PPE. The survey’s intent was to provide a snapshot of patient and staff infection rates. AATOD will be working with research organizations in an effort to obtain more detailed and scientifically accurate data.
These are policy references from the eight states listed below, concerning policy guidance including Medicaid reimbursement, from State Opioid Treatment Authorities in addition to other state agencies.
- CMPA Response – Bulletin 1: Emergency Temporary Telemedicine Coverage
- DMHAS Guidance to CT Methadone Clinics 3/26
- Delivery of Methadone to Homebound Clients by Methadone Maintenance Clinics
- DMHAS Guidance to CT Methadone Clinics 3/28
- BH Redesign e-news – Emergency Rules Expand Access to Behavioral Health Services Using Telehealth
- Telehealth during a state of emergency
- Ohio Mental Health and Addiction Services: This represented an early guidance statement and referenced comprehensive information.
- Provider Telehealth or Telephonic Health Services FAQs
- COVID-19 and Kentucky Narcotic Treatment Programs Guidance for the Field
- Implications of Coronavirus on Overdoses & Treatment & Prevention Resources
- JSAS Emergency Clinic Operations
- JSAS Intake Procedures
- Billing Guidance for NYS reimbursement guidelines
- Opioid Treatment Program Support Needed in the Event of COVID-19 Emergency Quarantine/Shelter-in-Place
- Funding Request for Delivery of Methadone to Isolated Patients in NYC
- Assurance Wireless Lifeline Assistance