- SAMHSA’s Guidance (March 16, 2020)
This guidance statement pertains to processing blanket take-home exemptions through State Opioid Treatment Authorities
- AATOD’s Guidance for OTPs (March 20, 2020)
- Letter from Assistant Secretary Elinore McCance-Katz (March 25, 2020)
This letter clears the way for OTPs to get necessary protective supplies for OTP personnel.
- COVID-19 FAQ Document
This document contains comprehensive responses to field questions since AATOD’s March 20, 2020 COVID-19 Guidance was released. We have been working with our associates in the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry and the University of Missouri-Kansas City in developing such responses.
- Special Funding for OTPs (April 20, 2020)
This is AATOD’s letter to the House Leadership requesting special funding for OTPs in response to COVID-19. We respectfully request dedicated federal funding, like other essential health care providers are receiving, to sustain our critical infrastructure delivering essential medical services.
- AATOD and NAMA Recovery’s Letter to the Senators (April 20, 2020)
Our joint response to concerns about Senate proposal to treat 500 patients with Buprenorphine at DATA 2000 practices.
- Letter from Director James Carroll of the White House (April 23, 2020)
Office of National Drug Control Policy released a letter to the substance use treatment community, indicating that our treatment facilities represented front line healthcare workers, needing immediate access to PPE.
- Blog Post: How Are Opioid Treatment Programs Combatting COVID-19? (May 1, 2020)
Written by Mark W. Parrino, M.P.A. AATOD President
- Mallinckrodt Press Release (May 20, 2020)
Thank you to Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals for supporting our field in manufacturing/donating hand sanitizer to OTPs in need during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Hand sanitizer donations are available in cases of four 1-gallon containers. All OTPs may order sanitizer by emailing the following information: [OTP name, Email, Phone, Address, Number of cases] Email: Sanitizer@mnk.com.
- Early Findings about Patient and Staff Infection Rates (June 4, 2020)
AATOD asked Board members to provide information about patient/staff COVID-19 infection and on current conditions in obtaining PPE. The survey’s intent was to provide a snapshot of patient and staff infection rates. AATOD will be working with research organizations in an effort to obtain more detailed and scientifically accurate data.
- CMPA Response – Bulletin 1: Emergency Temporary Telemedicine Coverage
- DMHAS Guidance to CT Methadone Clinics 3/26
- Delivery of Methadone to Homebound Clients by Methadone Maintenance Clinics
- DMHAS Guidance to CT Methadone Clinics 3/28
- BH Redesign e-news – Emergency Rules Expand Access to Behavioral Health Services Using Telehealth
- Telehealth during a state of emergency
- Ohio Mental Health and Addiction Services: This represented an early guidance statement and referenced comprehensive information.
- Provider Telehealth or Telephonic Health Services FAQs
- COVID-19 and Kentucky Narcotic Treatment Programs Guidance for the Field
- Implications of Coronavirus on Overdoses & Treatment & Prevention Resources
- JSAS Emergency Clinic Operations
- JSAS Intake Procedures
- Billing Guidance for NYS reimbursement guidelines
- Opioid Treatment Program Support Needed in the Event of COVID-19 Emergency Quarantine/Shelter-in-Place
- Funding Request for Delivery of Methadone to Isolated Patients in NYC
- Assurance Wireless Lifeline Assistance